Monday, November 27, 2006

Saturday Evening House Warming Party

On Saturday evening I was invited to my friend Sarah's new house. She and her boyfriend have a place in North Meade (which is an region of Lusaka- somewhat like Cabbagetown or Forest Hill in Toronto).
It was a relatively low key evening but nice to meet some new people (Zambians and Canadians and a Brit to boot).
Saturday afternoon I called Sarah to ask what I could bring and suggested that Guacamole might be a good option... she thought that was great since she was planning on making some salsa. Apparently great minds think alike. Unfortunately, great Canadian minds do not necessarily think like Zambian minds and most people were confused by the salsa and the guacamole. I will continue on my quest of Nshima. Nshima is the Zambian staple food but I have not yet learned to prepare it.
I was lucky enough to catch a ride home with a couple who works for MSF (doctors without boarders).

No comments: