Monday, November 06, 2006
Taking the Bus
One my second day of Work (Thursday)- I decided to try to take the bus to work by myself. One of my colleagues had picked me up on Wednesday and shown me the way- its not too hard just get on a bus to town and then switch to a bus that goes to Chelstone. Someone how (and I will admit that it was my own ignorance… but how was I suppose to know that I should get off at the petrol station and walk across to the bus station when I didn’t even recognize it as the bus station) I ended up at the City Market Bus Station and asked for a Chelstone bus only to discover that there is no Chelstone bus from that station. The first man I asked just pointed in some direction and told me to go to kulima Tower. Fine, but where exactly was Kulima tower? I had to ask a few more people and eventually got directions I thought I could follow and started on my way, was afraid to cross the street so waited until someone else crossed and crossed with them and found my way to the correct station and found the bus to Chelstone and made it to UNZA. On the way home one of my co-workers was kind enough to escort me… Unfortunately we discovered that after a certain hour there were no hospital buses that run from Millenium station. The moral of this story… I will only ever go to Kulima Tower (note: sometimes they drop the ku and just say lima tower). We’ll give it another go tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment