On Saturday afternoon I went to the National Sports Development Centre (NSDC) to watch my friend Sarah play in a basketball tournament. When I arrived a boys team was playing and the stands were fairly full... I was lucky to find (or rather she found me) Namkolo and a girl from Grass Roots Soccer so I had some people to sit with.
Although Sarah's team didn't win they played an excellent second half and the crowd participation was unbelievable. The fact that there was a dancing competition during half time that resulted in a few men removing their belts and getting down (so to speak) definelty increased my enjoyment of the afternoon.
By the time the men's game started the stands were packed. An excellent level of play and an unbelievable amount of spectator spirit made it some of the best basketball I have ever watched. The only negative comment I have is that the refs were terrible. By the end of the game one of the teams was clearly fowling on purpose (a strategy I can't find fault with given that when my team has been down I have been instructed to do the same in the last few minutes of play) and the referees were completely ignoring it.
After the games were finished Sarah, her boyfriend and a friend of theirs gave me a lift home and I called it a day.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment