Monday, May 21, 2007
UNZA Bus
Riding the UNZA bus enroute to the main arena at Showgrounds for the Intercompany Relay. This relay is put on by the Zambian Athletic Association (ZAA) and sponsored by the Zambian National AIDS Network (ZNAN). The HIV/AIDS Response Programme sponsored an UNZA student team to enter the relay and Chiluba decided that I should run with them. So, myself, two ladies and 5 guys formed the 8 man team- each of us running 1.4km. I know that they were worried that I wouldn't finish my leg but they welcomed me anyway, we did our warm-up and then hopped on the UNZA bus. As you can see from the video students are the same everywhere. This is the UNZA version of the "Oil Thigh". There were lots of events happening at the event including a Health Tent (where the office had a booth), Voluntary Counselling and Testing, a blood Donor Clinic, a Braii (grill) and a Health Walk. The department of student affairs (DOSA) entered a team of staff members in the Health walk. Overall there was great support from UNZA with a group of students coming to cheer on the teams and man the booth. As for me, I'm going to run in a race in each African country I live in (please recall my 100m race on MAY day in The Gambia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment