Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Fond Farewell to Ridgeway Campus

I have moved into a new flat which I will be sharing with two undergraduate students from the University of Toronto and a Master's student from The University of Ottawa. My new flat is posh, so much so that I am a bit embarrassed to be say that I live in the Millennium Village.

At any rate, with this move I bid a fond farewell to my Ridgeway Campus Room. The little room that I lived in for 6 months, did me very well and I have few complaints. I wasn't a fan of the cockroaches but what can you do when living in a warm climate but put up with a few bugs every now and then.

My new place has hot water so I will no longer be using my 'shower'. I was very proud of my ingenuity in making a pseudo hotwater heater/ camp shower to set on the shelf beside my shower. Originally my bucket shower had an element in it, so I would add water to the bucket, plug in the element, heat the water (5-10mins) carry the bucket to the washroom, lift the bucket on to the shelf, fill bucket with cold water to moderate the temperature/ have enough for a water for a shower.

Unfortunately, the element started shooting sparks from where the wire went into it and I had to refrain from using it anymore. Instead I would boil water in a kettle and on the stove and pour it into the bucket.
At any rate, with this i say good bye to my bucket shower....

No comments: