So, this week has been very hectic at work. Things are piling up on my plate for my own projects and my undergraduate students (Alina and Stephanie) arrived on Tuesday. I finally understand what people mean when they say that they wish they had time to just sit and do their own work. I don't think supervisory duties are all they're cracked up to be! That said, the girls do seem to be settling in well and I'm sure/ I hope that they will become more independent as time goes by.
I promised to take Sarah for a Pedi for her birthday (which was April 6th) and FINALLY we were able to get it accomplished. Off we went to the Pamodzi for a little bit of pampering. I'm never had the paraffin wax before and man are my feet soft as a result. To bad I got blisters on my way to work this morning. Guess, I need to rebuild up those callouses.
After our bit of pampering, we took our fine feet to the Kilahari where we met with 'the guys' and Christine for dinner and drinks. I think that I was the most African at the table (although there were Zambians at the table) because I ordered goat ribs and nshima.
No comments:
Post a Comment