Alright, I really do have a lot to catch everyone up on and I will endeavour to back post and forward post on a regular basis.

There was a
Bob Marley Tribute on Saturday night just outside of Lusaka in a park called
Munda Wanga.
Munda Wanga is a strange little bark where you can go for a Braii (bbq) or picnic and stroll around the gardens. There is also a small zoo with a
black bear. A black bear- you say? Yes, I have traveled half way around the world only to see an animal which I can see in my own back yard (so to speak). I actually feel sad for the bear who is all alone here and probably rather hot during September and October.

In celebration of Namkolo's birthday which was actually on May 2nd (but she was in Malawi) we decided to do it up proper and loaded up the 'bus' and headed out of the city. (Note: The bus is a big volkswagen diesel van owned by Namkolo's sister). This was supposed to be a co-ed event but ended up being a ladies night (which we thoroughly enjoyed).
As with any Marley event there were a fair number of people enjoying a smoke or two.

The sound system was not the best but there were a few good groups performing. We, of course, wanted to obey the law and took a box of wine, mini keg and snacks with us. We didn't want it to be a late night and decided to leave around 11:00pm. The front exit was closed and so we had to wind our way through the party goers to the back exit. The back exit, however, eluded us and we made our get away by sliding between two buildings and hopping a fence.
All and all a fun evening was had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment