Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Look out Ottawa here I come

I am currently on the train headed through eastern Ontario en-route to Ottawa. I will be staying at the Ottawa Marriott which is conveniently also where the Canadian Conference on International Health will be taking place. This means I will be able to limit my time outdoors/ exposure to arctic weather. I don’t really know what my schedule is yet, beyond an opening reception this evening, a briefing meeting tomorrow morning (where I will hopefully learn more about my schedule) and a dinner on Tuesday evening.
Of note about the train trip… there was a cranky man who felt the need to argue with the VIA staff for no apparent reason. There was some mis-understanding about which car he should be in and well at 9:30 in the morning I guess mis-understands lead to hostile arguments. They never keep the train warm enough. I’m always freezing. Maybe that’s why the guy was so cranky.

No comments: